- Undertakes Emergency Call Handling activities in accordance with regional and national Emergency Call Management principles.
- Mobilises appropriate resources in accordance with Fire and Rescue Service response principles.
- Undertakes Incident Management and Operational Support activities.
- Actively supports the integration and development of self and others.
- Performs the role in all operational conditions e.g. Business as usual, Spate and in the implementation of the business continuity arrangements.
- Uses and maintains the reliability and readiness of relevant control and operations equipment.
- Contributes to promoting a culture of excellence and continuous improvement at all times.
- Complies with all company policy, guiding frameworks and legal requirements especially equality, diversity, fairness & dignity in the workplace and Health and Safety.
- Deputises for Team Leader as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the role.
Key Decisions made by this Role:
- Determine the appropriate response to each reported incident.
- Ensure sufficient incident details are obtained and distributed as appropriate.
- Ensure correct escalation of issues.
- Evidence of working and making effective and timely decisions under pressure, maintaining a confident and resilient attitude in highly challenging
- Demonstrates an ability to work successfully in a team.
- Evidence of effective communication using an appropriate style, particularly when working under pressure or dealing with callers who may be anxious or distressed.
- Experience of customer focussed working approach.
- Evidence of flexibility to achieve continuous personal and team performance through the development of self and others.
- Demonstrates a good level of literacy and numeracy to be able to assimilate and record information to reflect activity.
- Evidence of data entry and retrieval, and keyboard skills, to a speed of at least 30wpm, with at least 75% accuracy.
- Demonstrates an understanding of equality and diversity and experience of embedding a fair and ethical approach to others.
- Demonstrates an openness to change and experience of actively supporting it.
- Understands, recalls, applies and adopts relevant information in an organised, safe and systematic way.
- Evidence of maintaining an active awareness of the environment to promote safe and effective working.
- Evidence of a conscientious and proactive approach to work to achieve and maintain excellent standards.
Control Room Operator
National Occupational Standards
|National Occupational Standards||NOS|
|Maintain information on FRS Ops Resources||CO1|
|Take responsibility for effective performance||CO2|
|Gather Information to co-ordinate an FRS Response||CO3|
|Co-ordinate and FRS Response||CO4|
|Maintain the responsibility and readiness of FRS Control and Operations Equipment||CO5|
|Manage FRS information to support the needs of your community||CO6|
|Specialist or bespoke software||CO7|
|Support the development of colleagues||CO8|
Job application form