- Lead monitor and support teams of people to resolve operational incidents through effective liaison with Fire and Rescue Service (FRS) departments and the implementation of training and organisational strategies including contingency and business continuity planning.
- Co-ordinate with FRS stakeholders to evaluate risk management plans assessing the impact of changes against the NWFC risk in terms of maintaining business as usual performance standards.
- Implement and manage change effectively.
- Liaise with other emergency services, local authorities and other external bodies to resolve day-to-day issues with working procedures, incidents and resources management.
- Manage staff effectively and comply with organisational policies and legislatio
- Actively manage own self-development and the coaching, mentoring and development of colleagues in particular those for whom the Operations Manager has a line manager responsibility.
- Contribute to promoting a culture of excellence and continuous improvement at all times, assisting the Senior Operations Manager in the development, improvement and implementation of quality assurance systems.
- Contribute to the development and upkeep of corporate documentation in particular the Forward Business Plan, Corporate Risk Register and Corporate Training Plan.
- Participate in the cover of a 24 hour on-call response to large scale or serious incidents or system failures escalating events to the Senior Operations Manager or Head of North West Fire Control if necessary.
- Support the Senior Operations Manager in conducting Business Impact Analysis to assess NWFC service delivery and evaluate both the effect of loss of service on stakeholders and any required mitigation.
- Uphold and support the organisation’s objectives, values and behaviours
- Experience of management and supervision within a demanding, highly challenging environment, consistently projecting and promoting a confident, controlled and focused attitude at all times.
- Evidence of having proactively embraced change and contributed to change management activities to meet changing business requirements and the motivational needs of staff.
- Evidence of leadership skills, showing an ability to improve the team and organisational effectiveness, engendering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience of using analytical skills, to identify solutions and implement effective and timely operational decisions under pressure.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders using a style appropriate to the situation.
- An understanding of the principles of effective performance management techniques, and evidence of having implemented them.
- Champions equality and diversity and can demonstrate experience of embedding a fair and ethical approach to others.
- Evidence of managing and maintaining an active awareness of the environment to promote safe and effective working.
National Occupational Standards
|Lead, monitor and support people to resolve operational incidents||EFSM2|
|Determine solutions to hazards and risks identified through inspection and investigation||EFSM3|
|Plan and implement activities to meet service delivery needs||EFSM10|
|Manage the effective use of resources||EFSM12|
|Select personnel for employment||EFSM13|
|Manage the performance of teams and individual to achieve objectives||EFSM14|
|Develop teams and individuals to enhance work based performance||EFSM15|
|Manage yourself to achieve work objectives||EFSM16|
Job application form